Thursday, March 1, 2012

COME SHARE YOUR NATURE PHOTOS AT THE LIBRARY ON MARCH 26!

I have really enjoyed sharing some of my nature photos with you over the past two years, and I think that anyone who takes photographs likes to share them with others, discuss them, and get feedback. That gave me the idea to have an evening at the library for people to bring in their nature photos and share them with others who share their interest. (Common Buckeye, above)

My library has a meeting room with a ceiling projector that projects from our laptop computer to a big 12-foot screen. Anyone who wants to can bring in some of their photos on a USB device or a CD; we will show them and discuss them with the group. I think this will be a lot of fun, whether you are a seasoned wildlife photographer or someone who just took

a picture of your first Cardinal! And with the photographer’s permission, I will post some of the photos on this blog next month. (Green Tree Frog, above)

The program will be on Monday, March 26 starting at 6:30 p.m. at the Chesapeake Central Library (298 Cedar Road, Chesapeake). I would like to know how many people would like to come, and how much time to allocate time to each photographer, so I’m asking for advance registration. Simply call (757) 410-7147 with your name and contact information, and let us know how many people will be coming and how many will show photos. The week before the program, I will call everyone who wants to show photos and let them know how much time they will have.

Barred Owl, above

We will also have a door prize, a $15 gift certificate at Wild Birds Unlimited, our local nature store! They have two locations in this area, one in the Greenbrier area and one in the Hilltop area of Virginia Beach.

Baby Ratsnake, above

If you have any inkling that you’d like to show photos or just observe, please join us! If you have any questions at all, please call the library (757-410-7147), and ask for Karen (that’s me). I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment